<$BlogRSDURL$>

A weblog covering the San Diego Padres.

Monday, June 21, 2004

The Prior Feature

First off, please read Matt's post about Tankersley, it's a really different take that I hadn't thought of concerning his situation.

I'll add the Reagan photos soon, but as promised here is my Mark Prior "feature". As you know Mark Prior is a USC Trojan now playing with my beloved Cubs.

What you don't know is that my old roommate bought me a really cool Mark Prior action figure for Christmas. It's pretty realistic. The wrist moves, the head moves, you can take him on and off the mound. There's a removeable baseball that remarkably wasn't lost a long time ago. Just a really neat gift.

When Prior started having injury issues before the season, I jokingly grabbed some band-aids and applied them to his ankle (injury one) and elbow (injury two). Those remained on Mr. Prior until literally yesterday. Since his return from the disabled list I've wanted to show off the action figure to my readers and also have some fun with his outings.

When Mark Prior has a good outing from now on, if I notice/remember, we will see this figure on the blog:




When Mark Prior has a bad outing, and people attribute it to him adjusting to the injuries and not having gone through Spring Training, etc. you will see this image:




Try not to laugh too hard.

If you haven't already noticed, the baseball is gone. I don't know where it is. It could be in the sewers for all I know, I haven't seen it since moving back to San Diego. It could be in a box, and I'm hoping to go through some boxes soon, so maybe I'll find it. Mark needs his baseball. Warren from There Something About Mary needs his baseball.

Have you seen my baseball?

Exactly.

More on tonight's game... tomorrow.
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?