<$BlogRSDURL$>

A weblog covering the San Diego Padres.

Sunday, May 30, 2004

G'Day Mates!

I'm baaaaaaaaaaack. Good to see Victor took good care of this place, how did you all like his posts? I liked them a lot and told him today he could post anytime. Hopefully he does.

Anyway, I'm back from Sydney, cleared customs and all that good stuff, didn't smuggle any Koalas or the like. Saw a few girls smuggling raisins but that's neither here nor there.

I have barely been able to check out what's been going on while away, so I don't really know too much of what happened, but it looks like Peavy's shelved for a bit, we've got Tankersley up, Germano up, and a lot of other changes. My head's spinning, but that doesn't sound encouraging. I guess Loretta's out for a bit now too? Sigh.

The good news is that the Padres are clearly in first place in the N.L. West at 28-22, a game ahead of the Dodgers. Amazing how that all works out, as a season rolls along teams tend to play more and more like themselves (ahem, Dodgers) and the divisions start to settle.

Look at San Fran, they've made a huge run and are above .500, proving you just cannot count Sabean and Bonds for dead. They're like a bad movie enemy that just can't die. Or Rasputin. Maybe we'll call them team Rasputin?

Just perusing my linked blogs this afternoon I was amused to see that Citizen's Blog's Michael was involved in the Phil Nevin potty mouth incident. We can take his word for what happened, he seems like an honest guy, so as a proud but fair Padre fan I must get mad at Phil and say he has done wrong. It may be a bit blown out of proportion, but it was unnecessary. Besides, he's in Philly, what does he expect, a bouquet upon arriving to bat? Check out Citizen's Blog for more details.

Also, I am sad to report influential baseball writer/blogger/lawyer/inspiration to many Doug Pappas recently passed away while traveling recently in Texas. By all accounts he was perhaps THE influential person in the baseball internet world, and several sites have given him brilliant eulogies. For more info, make your first stop Futility Infielder.

I will keep his blog linked for all the goodies that came from it. He was best known for butting heads with one Bud Selig and didn't back down from the interaction, and has brought a lot of baseball's economics to light.

Our condolences to his family and the baseball world.

I'll have more later, but I've forgotten all I had to comment on. Please continue to stop by, things are just heating up!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?