<$BlogRSDURL$>

A weblog covering the San Diego Padres.

Friday, March 19, 2004

Cuba, Ben Davis, and Baseball Primer

Darren at Baseball Primer sent this amazing link from Chinmusic my way: USC Baseball Goes to Cuba. Go Trojans!

I think the sidestory was way more interesting...

-For the gentlemen in the audience, let me give you perhaps the best piece of advice you will EVER receive: Drop what you are doing and go to Cuba. RIGHT NOW! It makes Thailand seem as expensive as Milan, if you know what I mean and I think you do. I was in and out of the Havana Café in less than 20 minutes, and it proved to be an adventure I will not soon forget. HOLY COW!!! This, as it would turn out, was just the tip of the iceberg, and over the ensuing 6 days, I would go on to enjoy some of the most beautiful (and affordable) companionship I have ever known – or could have dreamed of on the web.



Also from Baseball Primer this: Mariners Grow More Disenchanted With Davis. Ben Davis, that is.

Sounds like former Padre uber-prospect Ben Davis isn't cutting it with the Mariners, either. Too bad, because it sounds like he's a really nice kid and the ladies absolutely love him. I think I saw 2 mariner fan sites devoted to him on a Mariners blog. Female fan pages. I remember Padre games all the girls rushing close to the field to see him do batting practice also.

An excerpt:

In a Tuesday game with the Padres in Peoria, scouts and front office personnel from both teams sat near one another behind home plate. Davis, who went 0-for-2, dropped a pop fly and misplayed a throw to the plate that allowed a run to score.


"That's why he's your problem and not ours," one Padres scout said. "We saw four years of that."


For similar stories, visit Clutch Hits at Baseball Primer.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?